Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Getting Ready for Matthew

We are doing a lot of family nesting around here, preparing our hearts and our house for our new boy.

We took the sofa out of Sam's room and set up Matthew's crib and changing table. We have white letters with "Matthew" written on them to hang above his crib--just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maya and Sam are enjoying sitting in the red chair reading books. I imagine feeding my boy and snuggling with him in the red chair, the same one I sat in with Maya and Sam.

And then on Sunday, April 29 my friend Jessica hosted a baby shower to welcome Matthew. I wasn't a good photographer at that event, but I did capture Maya and her friend Angelina (Jessica's daughter) posing next to the food table. It was a lovely event and really helped us think about bringing Matthew home to our family.

Maya and Sam read in the red chair

Cute albeit a bit strange faces

Sam's bed and Matthew's crib

The boys' room

Maya and Angelina before the shower has begun

No comments:

Post a Comment