Monday, December 31, 2012

Family Photos

These are a series of photos we had taken by my friend Christi (who also took the black and whites of Matthew back in the fall). If you got our Christmas card, you've seen some of these already--but I've been wanting to share them on the blog.

What's most amazing to me about these pictures is that when I look at my three kids now, they look like they belong together. I didn't feel that way on June 7 when we arrived home from China with Matthew. It's taken time for our family of five to knit together, but now these are my three beautiful children who all belong to me and to each other. I've always known (from experience!) that family is made, not born. But to watch this happen in my own home with my own children is a gift I can't put words to.

I'm grateful for the sense of completion I feel when I look at our family. We're all together, finally, and I'm one thankful mama.













2 comments:

  1. These are great! I especially love the photos of Maya twirling...and the kids in their Chinese jammies. I think my favorite is the photo of the 3 kids in front of the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something strikes me about the pictures of Maya...she is looking so grown up! I still remember her petite little 3yr old self playing trains in her room, coloring pictures...those images of her come to me at the same time of seeing these pictures of her in a mature velvet and satin dress, twirling, and being the big sister to two brothers. what an impressive girl she is!

    (of course all your kids are impressive, but somehow Maya stands out in these sweet pictures!)

    ReplyDelete