Monday, February 8, 2010

Welcome to the world, Parker Owen Smith

Yesterday our family welcomed its newest member: Parker Owen Smith, son to my sister Amy and her husband Colby. Parker is Maya and Samuel's very first cousin, and they are so excited to meet him and be part of his life. I feel the same way.

Parker was born at 5:15 pm. He was 5 weeks pre-term, so he's a little guy: 5 lbs, 12.9 oz and 19 inches long. He's beautiful.

I had the privilege of helping coach my sister through labor. It was an incredible experience, one that I won't ever forget. I'm so proud of her hard work, her focus, her determination and her endurance. I was glad to accompany her on such an amazing journey.

I wanted you all to meet my new nephew, Parker.


Here he is, just a few minutes after he was born.

The proud mama and papa with their new son.

The birth team, excluding my brother-in-law,
who is taking the photograph.


Welcome to this wonderful world, Parker. And welcome to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment